Canadian indie rock band Metric performed at Brooklyn Bowl in Las Vegas on Feb. 29. Their last Las Vegas performance was at the Life is Beautiful festival in Sept. 2015.
Metric played a solid 90 minute set, and performed a well rounded catalogue of songs spanning all eras of their vast musical career.
1. Lead singer Emily Haines reminds me of Ellie Goulding’s cooler Canadian sister. Something very *~*whimsical*~* and woodland nymph-y about them both.
2. At some point Haines stated that they have been a band for 15 years. FIFTEEN YEARS ALREADY. Man, am I getting old.
3. I’m not sure how to feel about this acapella version of “Combat Baby” the new arrangement is strange, and doesn’t have the same endearing qualities as the original. It seems forced.
4. Tears are sliding down the face of the large man standing next to me during their acoustic performance of “Gimme Sympathy” and it makes me want to cry, too.
5. Metric seems like a bunch of regular folks, except they are cooler, better looking and probably make more money than you.